Saturday 20 August 2011

Spotlight on: River Island


I was out taking pics of the AMAZING graffiti around Bristol today, so I thought I'd pop in to River Island to see what was new and one word: Wow. I'd written off this store as the place where sequins and polyester came to die, but was so surprised to see that the aesthetic has undergone a transformation. Gone are the sparkly glitter t shirts- they've been replaced by their older siblings. Rich tones of russet, mustard and teal prevailed, and the styles were much more covered up. Is the highstreet finally realising that young girls no longer want to look like Jordan/Paris Hilton/Snookie? Check it out guys and lemme know if you agree!

Dree xx

ps: I've also included my favourite bit of artwork :)

look up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment